Inefficient Storage Capacity Creates Unexpected Problems
If you don’t do capacity planning at all levels of the organization, you may not have to deal with a hungry teenager, but you will likely have to face:
- Emergency purchases
- Project postponement
All of which creates unnecessary stress and leaves you at risk of reactionary decision-making and vulnerable to costly infrastructure mistakes. Even last-minute hardware purchases can take weeks or months to get online. That means if you run out of storage capacity, it won’t be a quick fix; you are most likely facing an ongoing problem for the next 2 to 3 months. To get back online faster, you may have to pay even more. That means one simple mistake in capacity planning could affect overall business growth for an entire quarter.
VSI helps IT leaders collect and track storage data at multiple levels, including:
- Group of arrays
- Pools within arrays
VSI then uses this data to forecast demands over time, helping IT leaders to accurately inspect the storage environment, improving forecasting and capacity planning.
Storage Capacity Planning Made Easy
Don’t let a lack of storage transparency leave you vulnerable to monetary waste and frustration. Better forecasting allows IT leaders to not only avoid unexpected problems but to plan in advance, evaluate solutions, and reduce budget costs.
Storage reporting should be simple and actionable, which is why VSI provides IT leaders with capacity planning tools and modeling capabilities to help them manage storage growth. These reports include:
- Growth trends over time
- by location
- by device class
- by tier
- Overall/location as well as device specific
- Performance as well as capacity
- Model assumptions to ensure you get the right amount
- Predictive forecast
This level of data helps IT leaders build capacity plans at the
- Data center level
- Device classification level
- Device type level
- Application level
Organizing the data in an easy-to-use and accessible format for analysis allows customers at all levels to build, change, and manage their storage capacity and performance from anywhere, at any time.
Assessing and forecasting future storage requirements can be complex, which is why VSI helps IT leaders accurately inspect the storage environment through efficient and reliable tools and delivers the data in a single-pane-of-glass across your storage environment. See how improved storage capacity management will result in more strategic decision-making, helping enterprises save time, reduce costs and improve efficiency. Schedule a demo to talk to a VSI data expert.
- Storage capacity planning is a multi-dimensional challenge with significant financial implications.
- Companies that overestimate their needs are likely overspending, while companies that make simplistic estimates often find themselves facing large unplanned purchases.
- Only doing capacity planning at the array level causes businesses to miss seeing trends that can result in capacity shortfall.
- VSI helps IT leaders collect and track storage data at multiple levels.
- VSI helps IT leaders accurately inspect the storage environment and delivers the data in a single-pane-of-glass across your storage environment.