Posted in:Capacity Planning, Health & Monitoring, News, Storage Optimization, VMware
The 13th annual SDC Awards will feature not just one but two finalist nominations for Visual Storage Intelligence®:
- Excellence in Service Award
- Storage Management Innovation of the Year Award
After winning the 2020 Storage Management Innovation of the Year Award and being named runner-up for the 2021 Software as-a-Service Innovation of the Year Award, Visual Storage Intelligence’s status as a finalist in two categories marks an expansion for the company in its third consecutive year of SDC Award recognition.
A premiere IT standard-bearer in international markets, the Storage, Digitalisation & Cloud (SDC) Awards honor the best and brightest among infrastructure IT companies.
With past winners including Pure Storage, Infinidat, and other prominent storage industry names, these highly sought-after awards offer a window into the latest developments in enterprise IT services.
A Year of Storage Management Innovation
Expanding on dozens of storage visibility, forecasting, and monitoring features, Visual Storage Intelligence® added new abilities in 2022 to help enterprise IT cloud, VMware, and storage teams better assess their environment, identify potential problems, and take immediate action through:
- Improved capacity & performance trends that model future outcomes.
- Customizable monitoring that pre-emptively alerts users when a device is approaching capacity (or when growth changes suddenly in a way that alters capacity plans).
- “What-if forecasting” – newly created in response to customer requests – letting users predict future outcomes given hypothetical changes in data such as a new project or storage purchase.
- Enhanced “virtual consulting” reports (delivered weekly to users’ inboxes) highlighting the most important changes in users’ environments – helping them find risk and fix problems before they occur.
- New metrics for evaluating VMware utilization and configuration, right-sizing workloads, optimizing cloud ROI, and planning cloud migrations.
- SAN switch capacity planning ensuring users have enough switch availability and licenses for projected workloads.
- Capacity Planning as a Service, a new service offering that bundles all of Visual Storage Intelligence’s® capacity planning and performance management abilities with comprehensive consulting services.
Walking with Clients at Every Step
Unlike many Software as-a-Service offerings, which give customers a tool and leave them to figure it out for themselves, Visual Storage Intelligence walks with customers throughout their entire user journeys.
Besides standard onboarding (including hours of time with Visual Storage Intelligence® staff setting up, learning, practicing, and trying out the product), Visual Storage Intelligence’s® technical and storage experts schedule standing meetings with client teams at whatever frequency the client prefers.
Some clients meet as often as every 1-2 weeks to consult about changes in their infrastructure, ask questions about how to accomplish more with the product, share internal challenges, and more. These meetings are not limited to just one contact person. Sometimes an entire team of 10-15 users joins, providing maximum touchpoints and values for the whole enterprise.
In addition, all clients receive a weekly virtual consulting report that is specific to their storage environment. With automated insights that highlight changes from the past week and potential risks in their environment, the emails are personalized by an expert who knows the client and their goals.
This way, users don’t even need to log in to the product to gain tons of value.
“The spirit in which Visual Storage Intelligence® approaches the customer relationship resonates so much with me. Their support has always been way above expectations.”ICS Delivery Director, Fortune 500 Healthcare Company
Visual Storage Intelligence® is already compatible with over 80 products from more than 18 brands, spanning on-prem, virtual, cloud, and hybrid environments. The goal is to provide a seamless reporting and analytics experience as infrastructures become more disparate and rely on multiple vendors and storage delivery models.
As part of that commitment, Visual Storage Intelligence® commits to adding new compatibility for devices – sometimes in as little as two weeks. For example, this year they added compatibility for Tintri devices (including IntelliFlash and VMstore) thanks to a client request.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Visual Storage Intelligence’s® expansive roster of functionality is largely based on client recommendations and requests. In just the last 1-2 years, input from their client council has led to innovations including:
• VMware capacity planning enhancements
• Deduplication reporting and capacity planning
• SAN switch capacity planning, firmware levels, and other device details
• Visual end-of-support calendar for all devices
“Visual Storage Intelligence® doesn’t give you that ‘big corporation’ feeling where all that matters is profits. They care about their customers.”Capacity Planner, Financial Institution
Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more about Visual Storage Intelligence’s® world-class service? Click below for a quick-and-easy information download, demo webinar opportunity, or customer feedback PDF.
Or, schedule a one-on-one demo for a personalized tour of Visual Storage Intelligence®.