How Does the VSI Quick Assessment Work?
Without installing anything, Visual Storage Intelligence’s® (VSI) storage usage assessment cloud application provides a true in-depth storage analysis of current storage management practices Users have taken what they thought was a properly-configured storage array and used Visual Storage Intelligence® (VSI) to identify and resolve storage performance, storage free space, and storage array capacity issues – all of which saved them time, money, and effort.
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Run Commands
Run commands and/or a script provided by VSI on your storage hardware or software. After running the commands, a configuration file will be generated. Simply save the file in an easy to find folder, and move on to Step 2.
*You can visit our Supported Storage Products page to find the appropriate commands and/or scripts for your storage devices.
*If you have more than one storage array, you will need to run commands on each array.
- Step 2. Upload Configuration FilesLogin to VSI’s secure and easy to use client dashboard and upload your configuration file (if you don’t have an account, you will need to register) to VSI’s secure and easy to use client dashboard. Upload Configuration File(s) Storage Reporting Tools.
- Step 3. View Reports
Within minutes, VSI will process your data and then create visually pertinent and appealing reports! Ready to get get started?
Start creating storage reports today by visiting our Getting Started page.
What are some of the benefits of using VSI?
- Identify net new storage opportunities
- Justify/progress storage deals
- Gain visibility into customer’s broader IT environment
- Build customer relationship/credibility
- Close storage deals
Supported Storage Products
Top Issues Identified by VSI QA
- Orphaned LUNs
- Unassigned drives
- Fragmented free space
- Duplicate LUN names
- Orphaned snapshots
- Wrong storage type assigned to physical or virtual host
- Performance bottlenecks
- Error reporting to avoid future outages
- Unbalanced conditions within storage arrays
Want more detailed information? Ready to get started? Contact us Here.