Position Summary: Storage Engineer & Programming Technical Specialist
The primary purpose of this position is to develop software solutions which help customers improve their storage efficiency and avoid unplanned outages. This involves building and maintaining storage data collections scripts and data parsers which are used by our cloud based application – Visual Storage Intelligence. This position requires storage CLI script development and maintenance and some basic programming skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Hands on implementation experience with a variety of storage solutions in the marketplace today including solutions from IBM, EMC, HPE, SAN Switches
- Experience in building and maintains CLI Scripts to automate storage data collection operations.
- Work with customers to implement our storage data collection scripts.
- Provide Storage consulting skills when necessary
- Ability to demonstrate how to use our in-house developed storage management application and how it can be used to improve storage efficiency in customer environments
- Take ownership of critical issues when they arise and be responsible for escalating to vendor support when necessary.
- Drive the automation and efficiency in clients’ storage environments
- Actively engage in using Clear Technologies’ storage reporting and analytics service, Visual Storage Intelligence, in all storage analysis opportunities.
- Participate in the proposal and implementation of storage solutions and our inhouse developed application (Visual Storage Intelligence – VSI) for our customers.
- At least five (5) years’ experience working with or managing storage systems.
- Experience building CLI Scripts for various arrays
- Experience with coding languages – preferred languages include:
- Demonstrated communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Storage certifications desired
Please contact Steven Hargis, firstname.lastname@example.org, for all inquiries on this position.